Download the document
Moodreal® - The Saffron extract that matches the scienceBecause of Satiereal®, Inoreal is a very important player in the saffron market - undoubtedly the leading European user for food supplements - and Saffron extracts. Based on this experience, we have developed Moodreal®, the extract that provides safranal (2%) as well as crocin and picrocrocin..Moodreal® matches exactly the extract described in studies to which all extractors refer, including those describing activity against stress and depression, by Akhondzadeh et al. (Treatment of Mild to Moderate Depression, Comparison of Crocus sativus L. and imipramine in the treatment of mild to moderate depression, Crocus sativus L. versus fluoxetine (ie. Prozac) in the treatment of mild to moderate depression, etc…). For example, published clinical studies confirm that:
- The effectiveness is similar to fluoxetine (the Prozac molecule) or imipramine (a tricyclic antidepressant), without any side effects.
- Iranian Saffron Sargol significantly relieves anxiety and depressive symptoms, at a dose of 30 mg per day and within one week.
- Internal study: Moodreal® showed an inhibition potency of Serotonin re-uptake equivalent to 63% of Imipramine, the standard SSRI used as an antidepressive medication and considered as the reference compound in inhibiting 100% of Serotonin reuptake. An Inhibition over 50% of Serotonin reuptake in this test that demonstrates a significant effects of SSRI.
Possible EFSA Claim (for information, to be checked):[ID2038] emotional balance, relaxation, positive mood, [ID2427] libido, sperm volume, erection, [ID2251] comfort before and during menstrual cycle
Inoreal - Elimreal, Satiereal, Moodreal
INOREAL is a French company created in 2006, which helps nutrition and health manufacturers to be at the cutting edge of innovation by providing new ingredients such as Satiereal, which demonstrated their efficacy. Supported by a meticulous sourcing, exclusive extraction process, clinical studies of safety and efficacy, Inoreal®'s products are formulated to allow innovation by having the agreement of international administrations, and are allowed for selling all across the world.
They mainly supply today the Elimreal®, the Satiereal® and Moodreal®. Inoreal is a french firm.
Because of its other branded and patented product Satiereal®, Inoreal is a very important player in the saffron market - undoubtedly the leading European producer for food supplements - and Saffron extracts. Based on this experience and their preferred access to the Sargol vintage from Iranian saffron, Inoreal has developed Moodreal®, the extract that provides safranal (2%) as well as crocin and picrocrocin.
Moodreal® is extracted from Sargol Saffron Stigmas,
using water ethanolic process of extraction
as per the extracts described in the science and the studies
Treatment of mild to moderate depression
Moodreal® matches exactly the extracts described in studies that most players refer to, including those describing activity against stress and depression, versus imipramine and fluoxetine (ie. Prozac®), etc….
For example, published clinical studies confirm that:
- The effectiveness of hydroethanolic saffron extract (15mg x 2 / d saffron ext. >2% safranal) is similar to fluoxetine (Prozac®, 20mg / d) - 6 weeks, 40 adults, depression scoring >18(1)
- In an other study (6 weeks, 30 adults, depression scoring >18), hydroethanolic saffron extract (10mg x 3 / d saffron ext. >2% safranal) is as efficient as the tricyclic antidepressant Imipramine (Tofranil®, 100 mg/d ), without any side effects (3).
- In addition, Moodreal® showed an inhibition potency of Serotonin re-uptake equivalent to 63% of Imipramine
- Iranian Saffron Sargol significantly relieves anxiety and depressive symptoms, at a dose of 30 mg / day and within one week (4), and again in 2019 on 57 obese adults (Depression scoring +/- 22 Beck Depression).
Dosing and Claims
30mg of Moodreal®
EU health claims [ID 2038] : 30mg/day of extract (or the equivalent of 0,5-1g powder) : “Contributes to emotional balance”, “Helps to support relaxation”, “Helps to maintain a positive”.
Other claims [ID 2247, ID 2251]
Acute Toxicity : safe LD50 > 5g/kg body weight
Before starting the extraction, the saffron goes through a set of internal controls, including botanical identification (Ph Eur), the dosage of markers (bio-actives) according to the ISO3632 standard, and the control of the total absence of addition of dyes by an analysis on each batch.
Are you interested in our solutions and want to know more?
Becarre Natural represents, distributes and develops natural actives extracts from plants for nutrition health and cosmeceutical.Contact us